Monday 21 December 2009

The FA's & Community Input

If SI do go down the road of curing inflation one the biggest complaints will be that teams can't compete.

In my opinion, it is therefore vital to ring fence the various tiers within a GW, sort of a gameworld in a gameworld. Been some awesome ideas floating around beta on how to do this most notable is T-Bags's stuff.

Community Input
As an active beta tester I naturally get involved in debates on the beta forums etc. I really felt my idea to rotate top teams out of a gameworldd was a runner, then my youth draft youth system in newgen worlds. I think the most important thing a beta tester can do is contribute try and put forward ideas and hopefully help improve the game.

Very few end up in the game but that's not really the point all you do is give your perspective it's really upto the developers to take it or leave it.

Marc Duffy Said
We're dipping our toes back in the water when it comes to involving the community in the game and it's direction, it's why we set up the future developments forum. For a while the mood of the forum (which was our own wrong doing) dictated it wasn't a good idea.

Now you would maybe think I'd see that as bad thing, I think it's an excellent idea. I thought the higher wage demands that appeared in beta were a good move, I felt that the regression we saw in 1.3 was fair enough. Too often in my opinion they have caved in to pressure from the vocal minority.

It's already in the air that the next focus is going to be on the economics which fits in well with my recent posts.

I think the hardcore will resist a low inflation model mostly because if you spend long enough on line you can bag an inflation busting deal and make a huge profit. So the point I'm making that it might not even matter what the community thinks, which overall is the way it should be.

No comments: