Saturday 19 December 2009

FM 1.5 The Make or Break Release & Skills

Well I've said before I really don't get what all the fuss is over skills so I wasn't really bothered either way.

1.4 is now well on it's way to seeing a release date on live servers so I think attention now will switch to 1.5.

1.4 is a great update and it's a pity it won't really have it's time in the sun as a stand alone release, overall it makes FM Live a better game, injuries, rep system being my favourites.

The basic game design is what next needs attention, nothing at all confirmed yet but the way things are being talked off it's very promising. A bit vague and never really sure what I can and can't say about beta.

I think the economics of the game and FA's will get a fair bit of attention and by the time it's all road-mapped out it'll be fairly clear why a reset was needed. Although I would say that at the time of the reset announcement I got the impression that this wasn't really finalised.

Hence my reaction to it at the time. You read the posts and do 2+2 =6 and get way off track.

Anyway on the FA front I'd like to see it structured in such a way as the tiers get fairly isolated, sort of mini-GW's inside a GW. The top teams lets be honest have a fairly easy ride, I had a team in Whiteside and for two seasons didn't play another top 50 side, WWWWWWWWWWWW. Very nice for me but not so good for everyone else.

The podcast interview was great and Sega / SI did use the term 'sticky' a lot. So where do we go from here, my guesswork:-

Early Jan - 1.5 publicly road-mapped - cue mass hysteria from some on the forums:)
Mid Jan - First beta builds of 1.5, expecting beta Gw's to be reset
Late Jan - Beta GW's launched with bulk of 1.5 done and dusted
Feb - Tweaks to 1.5
March - Release 1.5, reset servers.
April - Subject to GW's remaining active the FM10 freebie's rolled out into existing servers.
May - Version 2 released, subject to GW's remaining active mass marketing campaign
June - July - FM Live becomes a massive success!

No comments: