Sunday 6 July 2008

Release Date

Well uptime over the last 24 hours for me has been 10% so maybe we’re not making progress. Apparently SI will be slowly improving this over the next week or so.

So I thought I’d speculate on release data again. The current exercise which has caused this problem is to move Gameworlds 8+ onto Universe One, i.e. Gameworlds 2-7. As a result this simulates a peak in traffic as you would expect to get once the game is released. Also there has been an issue for over a week in Universe 2 which has remained unsolved.

So three main objectives then:-
1. Commercially acceptable level of lag on hardware with peak users
2. Do servers crash, e.g. uptime.
3. Solve the issue in Universe 2

So any progress? No sadly, you can’t log in at the moment and even when you could last Thursday the level of lag was not commercially acceptable.

So a painful few weeks ahead as SI grind through these issues and either move the hardware specifications or fix the issue. The number one priority is curing the issue in Universe 2 which isn’t cured and now affects everyone.

Once this is done I think we’ll then move to the final stages of the Beta. I can’t see them releasing this game until they’ve had at least one full season without the game breaking. I previously called it a ‘green season’.

Actually more worrying is the issues in Universe 2 honestly they need to nail that dead and be 100% sure of cause maybe the only way to do it is to open another Universe, yikes. After all that then declare a release date…

So realistically it’s moving to September / October now assuming we don’t have any major issues. I’ve totally got the bug so will be buying regardless in fact I think I’d even cough up the cash with uptime at 80% although I would moan a lot.

Meanwhile on the pitch I was thinking about age and considered how I could get older players on the pitch. I then decided to put Arda in the middle replacing Montero and started Kim Hueng. It seems more stable I wouldn’t say our form is breathtaking but it’s stable.

I do have the two nil bug in abundance though, go 2-0 up in the first half and invariably the other team come back but in fairness I was 2-0 down in my last game and thanked the SI gods for the amount of games that go the way they go so I came back to 2-2!

No comments: