Monday 21 July 2008

FM Live – The Football Trading Game

Recently myself and Nick from Inter did a youth loan swap, seem to notice mental stats go up on loaned out youth players so made sense. His kids are pretty awesome all huge Aq Fee’s. I’ve also tried to watch games closely to spot the flaws in my team, one seems to be Meretta which is odd.

I say it’s odd as at youth level he’s solid as a rock, I know what your thinking standard is lower but hang on he’s solid against Mitsubishi Warriors, Inter, Salih’s team, these youth teams have strikers with Acquisition Fee’s in excess of £500k.

I don’t quite get why he would sometimes struggle against a striker with an Acquisition Fee of £30k at senior level and then do a sterling job at youth level against one with £650k.

It’s such a complex game and a lot of it remains a mystery as the manual doesn’t give you much idea about things.

I really suspect something at senior level is used by the match engine and it isn’t there at youth level. If this is true then FM Live is a trading game and not much more.

Likes it’s hard coded some way maybe in saying that if the servers were up I could study mental stats and maybe glean something from there. Problem is though even if I have talented youngsters I can’t keep till they fully mature as they’ll be lost in wage auction and honestly with their being 1000 premier teams who is going to want a 23 year old that adversely affects the team.

Oh well my team is on another of those wonder runs again LLLLLL lol and the servers are down again.

My current wish list:-

  1. Bad form if you have it then would like to be able to see it on the pitch not see my team dominate X number of games then be unlucky. Although my team is having bad form currently and not playing so good so would much prefer that!
  2. Would like to be told I have it, dressing room morale seems unlinked to it. A simple message before the game along the lines ‘the team isn’t confident today due to having a lack of experience in the squad’
  3. Wage Auction enforced 50% sell on, end of contract wage auction has 40-50% sell on clause, should prevent bidding to sell.
  4. Injuries are turned up to be realistic but only for official games. So if you get into UFFA then you have a real life dilemma of having strength in depth. This is stickie injuries from games they still work exactly the same way. Competitions have ‘Injury Realism field’ and FA’s must run their senior leagues with this set to realistic. There are teams in GW6 with 14 players!

No comments: