Tuesday 8 July 2008

Breaking Up is hard to do

The servers came back up briefly (seem to be down again now) and I started working through some AI games. Everything was going quite well until we played FC Horsforth away it was one those games I think we had 30 shots on goal to their 10 but still lost 3-1.

The next few games went as expected, a draw, a defeat, and then we played Ipswich Ash, completely in control but I watched in horror as we took a dreaded 2-0 lead. I know it’s not scripted as such but from dominating a game until we’re 2-0 up and then watching the opponents move up a gear and us move down three gears does start to wear thin.

2-2 that finished, I think in 12 league games we been 2-0 up and lost the lead in the same fashion around four times. I don’t know if it’s youth although looking at my team their not especially young, ages from memory 33, 30, 25, 28, 19, 22, 29, 25, 24, 19 but we keep doing this…..

If the same players were making mistakes or underperforming I could understand but this isn’t the case. So either there is something I can’t see, haven’t seen, or it is just random. Perhaps reputation plays a role yet my players have three world class rep players in the team and the rest are high profile.

The game itself is a technical marvel and designed in a superb way and I’m sure you’ll have fun with it but the frustration level is HIGH.

Perhaps I just suck but I watch youth games and I can spot players I was in the top 5 in youth in the gameworld with a fraction of money spent compared to other teams had paid.

Anyway a change of direction I don’t know what I’m doing yet but all the seniors are in £1 auction I might actually get more than £1 if the servers stay up for any length of time which is doubtful at the minute. If I get nothing for the players I just as well call it day.

I’ve come to the conclusion it’s pretty pointless me trying to be actually any good. The youth system seems to work for me, i.e. I get visual clues that I can understand as to why the team is or is not performing.

I suspect there is some other variable which dictates their performance at senior level other than just the opposition although I don’t know how to spot it. Perhaps you just will not win anything with kids unless your Man Utd :)

No comments: