Saturday 26 July 2008

All Change!

In a bit of a mess at the moment with Nick's loaned players. Completely unknown to me (didn't pay attention) a comp I entered two weeks ago has started and your not allowed any loan players so we're in a right pickle as I've mish mash of U21's former subs playing senior level.

We're still winning the odd game but it is a mess.

Incoming this close season are another small batch of youths, Lembi and Becker the ones to look out for. Becker was a kid I had on trial at the age of 15 after just a couple of games I knew he was special sadly I missed out on his wage auction. Over the last three seasons he's bounced from club to club and I don't think anyone has watched him.

Last week I was going through the names in wage auction and spotted him a strong offer was in. At 18 he he has missed a lot of development as he's played so few games but we'll see if we can catch up, great player though.

Lembi 15 years old, quick, agile, strong, with a smattering of technical ability and aggressive but with lots of flair. Odd mix I thought, he's got a long way to go but I felt that potentially he was truly a potential superstar so I chucked in a £5k bid. For me to bid that much on a 15yo is very rare so was a big gamble.

48 games later and he's got 40 goals, yes 40 so I'm not so worried now! De Melo is the other one I've high hopes for is very like Monty stats wise and seems to play like him as well.

To the seniors, there is something odd with the senior game. I'll give you the scenario very young team but the players I know well from their youth games, everyone plays like I think they'll play but we just seem to be unlucky. When I look closely at the goals conceded Ramos is more to blame than anyone else.

So is Ramos a duffer then? I've long suspected that Rep plays a big part in the game so I go and get some rep, a DM from Inter (High Profile), left back Wayne Bridge (World Famous) and a DC (High Profile) all at least 25+ with proven track records.

So what happens... well Wayne Bridge makes as many mistakes as Villano the 18yo he replaced, if anything Villano is the safer option as Bridge seems to commit himself earlier so a failed tackle leaves a winger completely free. The DC is as safe as Meretta and the DM in fairness a little better.

After six or seven games results are much improved, odd though that Ramos now starts to play like the class that he always had and generally overall we're errr not playing better just getting a bit more luck.

I guess you could argue that as they have perceived better players alongside then the team would approach games with more confidence. Perhaps I'm too much of a purist I did think before playing the game that I'd find value where others would not and find great players that were unknown ala Wenger it. Still I've done that at youth level but honestly at senior level it does tend to turn FM Live into a trading game more than it should be.

The Inter loans end tonight and have now worked team so that just one will go back into the first team and that's Sene on the left wing.

No comments: