Friday 11 July 2008

Marchisio

I knew I needed a very good DM but his natural position was to be MC. He had to match one of two criteria, either world class rep or very very good. Marchisio was at Reading Town had an instant of £4m and with a while left in auction was sitting at £2m. A quick view of history gave me an idea to his consistency, his tech stats were amazing, Aq Fee £500k.

At 26 thought this was a player hopefully about to reach the peak of his carer and sustain that for many seasons (it's quite normal to see 34 year olds to be doing 1000 games a season). Still £4m was a lot, I hovered, there again if I was wrong about Rep being the only thing that mattered this did look a player that could prove me wrong.

Besides Aq Fee of £500k for a a player with low rep was a lot you only see kids on that and those are quite rare. The market value of players is very low at the moment normally you can take Aq Fee and times it by 10, these days though £4m was a gamble. The player was on wage demand £7k a day.... That sealed the deal! It seems that he would have been 22 at gameworld start and for the early part of his career would not have been desirable as he wasn't eligibale for youth games.

Perhaps this is the reason for the low rep as reading up on the real life version he must have been very high potential

Since then the bad run has finally come to an end. In the process I've used my 18 year old goalie and he's quite the boy wonder. I still would not say no to a world class DC or Left Back but wages will need to be very attractive.

If I can float around the top 150 with this team I'll be delighted as I can just bide my time until a world class player pops along at a the right price. I've looked at several Dc's and left backs but I do think it's pointless chucking money around for someone who has the same ability as what I already have.

I've been trying watch games really closely to try to understand what positions I need, it can't be that just a smattering of youth gives the team the wobbles.

I think last season I just got annoyed with myself that i was sitting with a £200k wage bill and had no room to improve. I hit top 50 in the gameworld and then saw that actually that was always going to be my limit due to mix of players I had.

It's odd how much money I have but actually as for three seasons my wage bill was kept at £150k then it shouldn't come as a shock.

No comments: