Tuesday 29 June 2010

FML: Logged On and Off

Ohh I've loads of cash in Voller I could spend it on better players but the story so far is sign better players do worse sell better players do better.

So erm maybe I should buy a 17yo who can jump and run and play Soccerball (I like that!) anyway repair stadium. check skill. check fitness of players, log off. It only takes two minutes I'm simply not bothering with playing soccerball I never paid £5 a month for that!

Sub still has time to run so more whining due. Actually logged onto the forums and saw that PaulC is getting stuck into feedback a lot of managers had posted up examples of players.

To my eyes shocking examples of how bad the ME, not to SI it seems who for my money are paying lip service to it. Well, their bad examples if you follow football if you play soccerball then nothing wrong at all.

Finally got Trackmania sorted my laptop crashes under Xp but it's dual booted and runs ok in Vista (gawd I feel like I've sold out suggesting that Vista is better at something).

Anyway it's a cracking game for twenty minutes at a time.

I'm saving for an XBOX360 as FIFA11 is starting to look scarily good, my mate who's a Pro Evo fanboy has gone from writing FIFA off totally to conceding that he plays it now. It's like he's admiting to cross dressing or something:)

Anyway look how deep their going!

2 comments:

Paul Collyer said...

Just for the record, I'm not paying lip service to the feedback. Some of it is good, some not so good, some plain rude, but its all there for everyone to see.

I'm spending most of my working time right now on what I see as the most important issues related to the ME, and most of them are driven by the FML community.

Whether this work ends up making anyone playing FML any happier is another matter, but the implication that we dont care or dont take it seriously is unfair.

The thing is, the beauty of the forums is that we have a chance to engage with the user, and for me that is good for everyone. But neither user nor developer is always right. And most likely regarding many issues the answer is somewhere in between ;)

MarkPhillips said...

Well thanks for posting Paul.

There are enough examples of players doing the business at high level at young age 17/18 with a few high stats, jumping and pace mainly.

So much so that for me at least it's a deal breaker. Hard luck stories you'll get and form but FML always made sense on a macro level (e.g. took a 40 game season).

Now it doesn't.

Is that realistic I don't think so and it's been like this for close to four months now.

We don't get the message 'right this is an issue we're going to fix it' but 'well....we're looking at it'.

I don't think it's a case of developer or user being right, everyone would have a different perspective of what would constitute a realistic simulation of football.

You can only come up with your interpretation and then as users we base our purchasing decisions off that.

I do appreciate the feedback from the dev team always have in FML. However if I think it's wrong and has been wrong for too long then I have to call it.

Costing me £5 a month X2.