Thursday 3 June 2010

Kind of bored

I'm now at casual manager level activity not because I'm casual or want to be casual but there isn't anything to do.

The squads are fine Voller team rallied to take 3rd in the first stage of the EFA so I now need a 9th and 6th I think to get in the Premier League, maybe that's wrong will have to check.

Turk is doing ok although a 35 game injury to my AMC hurts a little, plenty of depth in that squad though.

Maybe I'm missing something... I'm not spending enough on youths to be challenging for any honours and even if I was their very minor trophies. I suppose I could enter the various senior quickplays and FA leagues but they don't help the cause at all and would drive me nuts with all sorts of weird form.

I could buy another sub but I have two already and I'm not paying another £5 for five minutes of entertainment a day.

The things wrong with the game are worrying, inflation, YA's, youths overpowered, corner exploits and overpowered physicals. These are all fixable but SI just haven't got enough resources to cope and I still come back to the fact that I'm just bored.

I'm really starting to think that FM Live isn't going to make it.

5 comments:

Michael Lowes said...

I tend to find I login to play AI games, hang a round a bit, realise I have no money to splurge on players, check i'm learning a skill and repair stadium then have no real option other than logout. I could play challeneges or XFA games or friendlies but to be honest i have no real motivation to play games that don't mean anything.

I'm in a classic FA and of the 18 teams in my league 9 have ai over 50% which considering this is season one of a new live gw(lemerre) makes pretty scarey reading!

It's difficult, the only interest I have is playing competitive games and building a good squad, if its not wage auction time that doesn't leave a lot else to fill my time with!

Anonymous said...

Jak, you're bang on. I'm not sure if this is the consequence of making league games more important or not, but something has to be done to speed the pace of the game. IMO 28 day seasons are too long, the fact you are bored in the EFA confirms this for me.

What are your latest thoughts on keeping us at the monitor?

Mike
Halifax Leafs FC

Michael Lowes said...

I agree Mike. Don't get me wrong despite my comments I still really like the game but its just a general lack of things to do. Shortning the season is a good shout but maybe a return to extreme FA's would be a good call too. I don't actually mind playing AI games too much so a combination of lots of games but on a casual basis(therefore leaving quite a few AI games to play without AI penalties) would suit me down to the ground. I know that sounds like a really stupid idea but that would be my ideal FA in all honesty.

T-Bag said...

Strange your not finding enough to do in 2 GWs in the EFA !

I'm struggling to cope with one, finding it requires pretty much at least 6 hours a day to ensure a strong finish.

MarkPhillips said...

@TBag
I don't log in that much so don't get many AI games to play. In fact I get less to play than if I was in OFA with it's home playing rights.

I could log in and idle but can't be bothered to do that:)