Monday 7 April 2008

Big Money

Have once again flirted with a big money move, this time it was Nani....

In the meantime or the close season I've managed to bag a couple of cracking kids. Bruno Pinatares (from now on called Bruno cos I can't be arsed to type that agiain) an 18 Year Old replacement for Petrov, and doing a better job!

A cracking prospect in Paul Rogers, right back, a 19 Year Old and a £5k capture from Arsenal Rock FC. Then was a player who I had shortlisted for a long time Malonga (a winger in the Ely mould) I missed out on his Wage Auction and saw him being offered on a free on £1. As fast as my mouse could carry me I clicked and bagged him on a two year contract.

Then a young Calum fella manager of Midget And Albino United touted Alemão an interesting 19 Year Old AMC. That was a game and half....

I made an offer of £200k only for it to be met with incredibility. I was told £250k would seal the deal, fine I thought so I slapped £250k on the table only to be told that £300k would be much more attractive. I then made a £300k offer and then was told that really £400k was the price..... grrrr.

Still hell of nice bloke through it all and truthfully his player was quite possibly worth the £400k I think he went for more than that in the end, but speculating on kids is fine but that was more than speculation at that price.

Meanwhile the League Season has now started and FC Barcelona challenged me to a game on their turf. They had already bagged a 2-2 with Dundee Rio away so I thought what the heck and went for it.

Now I'm bit of a git when it comes to checking teams for league games and I noticed we had a six wins for six games against them. So I thought what the heck and clicked accept.

What followed was a grueling ninety minutes with us just grabbing the one goal from Arda. It was one of those games where there were few chances and clearly just the one goal should it come would seal the game. The following night I faced Dundee Rio and deserved to be slapped about for trying to play offside again and went down 3-1 at home.

Oddly I'm now firmly in the top 100 rankings despite being on a Senior run that has something like one win in twelve? Don't know why guess profile of the players helps. Arda has disappointed me my biggest wage prior to his arrival was £10k and I look at him and don't see three times the player. In saying that I do like to play with traditional wingers and he's more of midfielder if that makes sense. I've still got a massive surplus of cash per day and I keep an eye for another big name but their either asking stupid money or they've got the player by getting him on a stupid wage.

Some youngsters have been released and I've moved some more in. I've got two that are destined for greatness I'm sure :) Montero is an AMC who pretty much runs around like a headless chicken when we've not got the ball and then changes into the model of composure when he gets it. I've loaned him out for some first team experience to a big outfit and he's already bagged two goals in five outings for them.

Sene is a 17 Year Old that should he continue to improve this season has to feature in the first team. He can play on the wing and up front and wherever he plays he's just A1. Last season he was sometimes great and sometimes not this time out his performance is a banker. Wendell seems to go through fits and starts but now he flirts with greatness so again he has to feature. Derds (Derdiyok as I recall, servers down atm) has low potential ability but frankly at 21 he's pretty much already there. The one area that he's vastly improved is in acceleration. If he improves just a few percent then he'll go from great to brilliant.

I've also strengthened at U19 level so next month when Tarik & Derds move up we can continue with the stream of players and still be a threat. I do still lack a real depth of classy Youth in the full back positions though.

Until the transfer market calms I think I'll just continue the youth policy, I can spend £60k a day on kids so why not.

No comments: