Tuesday 8 April 2008

Servers down again

Once again the servers go down so thought I'd pen another update. With well over a million in the bank and an easy £60k surplus a day I'm still bringing in youngsters. An eighteen year old Patrick who's fairly quick, can finish and can head the ball as well, a £130,000 fee to Salhouse Rovers for him. Now by the time you read this I suspect that the Lens signing will be in the bag. Picked up this guy on trial who had scored in nearly every game he'd played (he had only played a handful of games), I stuck him on for a half of U21 game and it was pretty scary. A few sub appereances later I had cooled to the idea, with his trial ending I thought I'd start with him for an U21 game.

Game starts and Derds shoots, the ball hits the keeper and Lens is on hand to put away an open goal, I'm still not convinced. After something like 33 minutes the ball falls to him outside the box I look on with interest, he lets one go that could have broken the back of the net to see us go two nil up. Hopefully nobody is paying attention as I pull him off. It could be a flash in the pan I've got an 18 Year Old that was a sensation at 17 but can't quite seem to cut it now. This guy is 21 so less time for him, but a couple of grand a day is nothing so I take a punt on him.

At U21 there are a few teams that can beat us but not too many, it's possibly a team that could rank in the top 300 as is, I don't tend to bother with tactics, the squad just seems good enough to cope with what is currently thrown at it. Meanwhile the dire run of senior form has continued...

I think we were into our 12th game without a win when we played a 300+ rank team at home who we'd just lost to away. We cruised to a 1-0 lead then seemed to falter. Now I make no secret of the fact that Arda has been disappointing in the week I've had him, however his acceleration already has improved so we start to see a spurt from him now and again. In this game he breaks from the halfway line I have to say he rarely makes a mistake and faces off against a full back on the corner of the box, he slips it onto his right foot and lets fly with a shot that is so fast it's left me staring at the screen open mouthed. Maybe I won't sell him after all...

A few games on and the bad run seems to deepen, dreadful defending all round see's Gado getting dropped along with Maltriz. Ebondo and Felipe (a spot buy last night) move in. Felipe is a curiosity he's very safe I've noticed in U21 games, gets the challenge in and yeah, does what a defender should do, maybe it'll all go horribly wrong cos he doesn't play how his stats say he'll play. My 'bargain of the century' Daikite is out on loan until Saturday and already is steadily scoring 7+ ratings. I'm sure I read that SI changed ratings so that they would not depend on being on the winning side so much and as a result getting 7+ as a defender is pretty amazing.

The low point came with us going 4-1 down in a match which we deserved to lose but not 4-1 for the first time I clicked abandon as I didn't want to waste time watching what was becoming a horror show. In the middle of this run came a NFA Premier League game against bliss which we lost 2-1.

However, how odd is this, CUJimmy was at the end of the run, and currently league leaders! I was at the point that I just wanted to get a win and knew it had to come soon so just wanted to get the games going. I expect to struggle against relegation so I expect to lose to CUJimmy, result 3-1 win. Grrr, stupid game, Wendall when he wants to perform can and this was one of those games. We go away to Ninja Pirates and Arda has another of his moments to help us secure a 3-2 win.

As things stand then despite a disastrous run we're five games in and are on course to avoid the drop. I don't really know why I'm sweating over it as the money you get is not that much. I don't know if it does but being a Premiership team should do wonders for Rep.

Chris Nash ever a fan of Leanrdo Lima found that his attraction to him didn't quite stretch that far and a Million Pounds later saw him headed from there. Great for me as I bagged the 35% sell on fee. Just noticed that my prize money is being rolled to me daily so this combined with media money has me with almost a £100k surplus and nearly £2million in cash in the bank. When I have another bad run I shall sit and stare at that to console me:)

Was chatting the market place when a few 16 Year Olds got pointed out to me.. Ouch my kids are right duffers in comparison. Still hopefully got enough good in them somewhere to give me a good team in a few months time.

Montero at Matalan is bouncing along, maybe playing alongside great players helps? Matalan have quite a collection of superstars.

No comments: