Friday 4 April 2008

Transfer Dealings

Lima went for £500k and Dano followed for the same money both good value on both sides for that I think. Finally got paid my NFA money from last season. I now have a very healthy cash balance.

The search to improve never ends and I did start talking about Sergio Ramos and a big money move but the bank vetoed with a balance forecast. I've got a few options open....

I could say to myself we'll cope with what we've got and battle against relegation for this season and sit back on my money. Good results against Matalan and Dundee Rio have made me think that we're strong enough to avoid the drop.

Budal returns Saturday and he's only made a handful of appearances for me as he's had long loan spells out and scored over .5 goals a day so I'm going to give him a run.

I've chilled to the idea of Ramos, some of the kids I'm getting are superb value. I've got SEVEN players out on loans. Now here is an odd thing a few Managers have asked me 'why did you loan out your star young striker / defender?'

I think some Managers are missing the entire point of the Youth system. It has one function to groom players for the first team, the rank or competition wins are MINOR honours at best. Holding on to a player and denying him the chance to play some first team action is going to be great for the player. Doesn't matter really what effect it has on the performance in youth comps.

I've had a good punt around and strongly suspect that you can easily get sucked in to trying to buy short term success. I'm going to sit on my money I've got a healthy squad, bank balance and surplus per day. Ranked Top 10 in youth, Top 100 at Senior Level, Premier League, a squad with strength in depth that is generally young and going to get better.

That's it from here on in it's young players have a look at them they don't cut it dump the contract. The money is there to do it. I've put bids in on 'big names' and you can get those players but you're basically done then.

Even if we get relegated I can afford to continue with this strat.

Going to try and do a pre-season preview of NFA Premier League next.

1 comment:

Arif said...

Thank you for the post. But you could have included a bit more about the other games as well.Any way it was a nice post.