Sunday 27 April 2008

The Close Season Part I

I have noticed that when signing players or leaving players go it can have a massive effect on morale. Hopefully SI have coded it so that during the close season this is effectively turned off.

The last two season starts have coincided with an horrific run of form for me so hopefully third time lucky.

There are still some players coming and going at the Jakski. Rios contract is up come Monday and with his talent he was going to be lost to a wage auction no doubt. With a new Right Back brought in for just shy of a million Rodriguez, Pablo now moves into the MC role. Rios is in auction and as I recall (servers down again) stands at £500k.

Thus far Rodriguez has done a good job. Another arrival, I found a kid in auction at 16 had breathtaking pace with the rest of his talents hovering around the 8/9 mark. Whilst SI have toned down the effect of pace (it used to pace wins end of) pace remains a vital part of the game.
He was quite strong for a 16 year old and there was something about this kid that just made me think he had buy written all over him. My thinking here was a one season deal if he showed a glimpse of talent then I could lock his contract and review year by year.

He’s a classic acquisition, actually many kids have cultured technical ability so go for big money but this one was never going to be bagging first team football until you had developed him a fair bit.

If the first six games are anything to go by I have nothing at all to worry about, the raw pace you’d expect but he doesn’t just blindly shoot and I see him lay off lovely little balls all over. The finishing is classic Henry style and I think I may have another Walcott in hiding.

If he improves his technical skills by 20% then he’ll be worth already what I’m paying him, £5k, if he improves by more then he’s going to be a superstar!

The main reason for the purchase was to get something interesting for the U17’s for next season, there is already a very good foundation in there but this kid is the icing on the cake. £5k is a big punt for me on a kid. His name I can’t remember and can’t tell you BECAUSE THE SERVERS ARE DOWN AGAIN! Still as a Beta it’s awesome and should be expected.

Sousa’s contract is up but it looks as no one is showing interest, I’m surprised as he has high rep and fairly good stats, still at 30 he’s not a match winner.

The search for players now is almost over I’ve left around at least a £60 - £70k surplus in there and still have a substantial transfer fund. Really big names tend to go for around £3 - £5m so when the right one pops onto the market I’ll take shot.

The Auto Extend feature of the game certainly keeps you on your toes. Current Auto Extends are Pablo / Tarik / Moya / Arda and I think one of the kids, it could be Derds. Daikte isn’t on an auto extend and BADLY needs to be. So one of the five will have to go during the season which is a scary thought!

No comments: