Sunday 20 April 2008

Record Signing

I've been sitting on quite a lump of money for some time and various Managers have touted players. The money being talked of is way over the top. I think everyone seems to forget the glut of options that will be open to them once we enter the close season and wage auctions start.

However another Welsh Manager was pitching an Under 18 Year Old Centre Back. He had all the stats to be pretty much a starter. I mean what do you look for in a centre back, speed is not essential but you don't want him to be slow. Strength is important and you certainly want him to be good in the air. As far as personality goes he needs to work hard, he needs to be a team player and top of the list is concentration, being determined helps. If he was good at passing that would be the icing on the cake surely, well out of 20 is 19 enough?

What if I told you that with my scouting he's at least a good prospect but has AT LEAST all the things you look for and is only 18. I bet your almost sold on the deal here, but really he needs to prove himself at a senior level. Will nearly 200 games do? Eesh I bet he'll cost a bomb in wages how does £1,500 a day suit you sir?

OMG it so does!

So there you go a record signing at £2 million. Gah I've only got £3million left now and the £1,500 has made a massive dent in my £100k a day surplus. Ohhh and as he's 18 so it's a free auto extend for at least four months. Mind some managers said I was mad, I should have paid £2million for the same sort of player on £30k a day. That's a Million Per Season, no, I can do the math! Anyway take a look...


No comments: