Tuesday 15 April 2008

Moving on Up

Having secured wins against several top teams and a mini run of decent results sees us at a new record in the rankings and well inside the top 60.

Over the next few days there are a glut of FA games to get through I'd quite happily swap the position for league points.

Meanwhile I've continued with a mini clear out, Camara at 30 although a great DM was not going to be an appreciating asset so I decided the time had come for him to move on. I had Amaral as cover for Pablo as well as a glut of youngsters.

He can also play DC / LB but again I already have Senior cover for these. I was thinking he'd go for quite a large sun due to his stats, positions and to some teams his age could be a blessing (ideal captain?). A quick auction saw him go at just over 1/2 million.

So over the last few days I've managed to pull in just over a million in fee's and cut the wage bill by another £13k.

Press Release ''The Jakswans were sent reeling today with the news that both first choice strikers were sidelined. Jak Phillips, manager of the Jakswans remained upbeat and is expected to hand out a chance to Sene, who's been on prolific form at U17 level and Patrick, another young striker. It's understood that the Jakswans were lining up a big money move and with a busy couple of fixtures to come in the next twenty four hours this now can't come soon enough'....

It's funny how things turn out I had two fixtures for AI both needed to be played so I went through a few games deciding who was going to start up front. Sene despite having bags of potential isn't quite as solid as Patrick and Lens since signing has been largely unimpressive. So really thought it was certain to be Patrick / Sene.

Lens proved to be a the revelation, composed and selfless played an A1 game, the year that Patrick (18) has over Sene (17) I think proved decisive. So the two games were AFC Detroit who haven't impressed this season and Kak Consistently who have been in superb form coming off the back of eight straight wins one of which was a against Rafalution. Rafalution sport several top players not least Henry, nuff said.

So AFC Detroit first, their team were not match fit and eventually we started to open them up with a strike from Patrick in the 73rd minute. At the eighty minute mark I brought on Sene and he made it two in the 91st minute. Detriot grabbed a consultation in the 93rd. Final result 2-1.

Kak I knew were going to be a different proposition. They play four men up the middle with two wide, I thought I'd try to keep it tight and as they didn't have bags of pace up front played high line and offside. After 30 mins and with us lucky not to be behind from a string of chances I thought I'd try to change it and played much deeper.

We were riding our luck in the first half underlined by a missed penalty from Kak on 41mins. The second half was much better and in the 65th minute a ball in from Arda resulted in Lens strike taking us 1-0 up. Generally the second half was ours but Kak had at least one 1v1 with the keeper. Overall we were lucky to get the result but 1-0 here was a result and half!

Here is an odd one Rafalution has asked me all the time to play his game with him yet he didn't want to play when i offered today. I mean my two first choice strikers are out injured, on checking I found his squad of just 15 players also had three injuries, lol. Strength in depth, it's an old saying but true :)

I had an offer for Sousa come in late tonight (the servers are down again) and as I don't play him at all I think he'll end up going. I don't know what I'll do with all this money....

Anyway the servers are down again, SI are trying to nail just a few bugs and the game is almost ready to be released so this is understandable I guess.

Brings me on to thoughts when the game comes out or more importantly when the game comes out what will happen to the gameworlds. The last talk I heard was Summer so we're July ish area I think they would like a clean season prior to nailing the release, an extended period without any bugs / crashes and certainly this season isn't going to be the green one.

Si seemed to be focused on nailing these last bugs causing data lock and server failure so I assume the hardware it's running on is final. Therefore May is the target for a green season maybe.

The reason this is so important I think is that Gameworlds need to be run with minimal manpower from SI. Currently I'd estimate that there are Eight Gameworlds and with all this constant crashing there is no way they could start another twenty of them!

So assuming they get a green season in May (no major patch's needed & no crashes) we'll see a big surge in Gameworlds. Then these are going to need to settle June July and then come Mid July a release date settled on.

By the time the marketing department get going I suspect a September release with maybe a partial release to Beta testers come August.

Now then SI have cited several different types of gameworld will exist in terms of age therefore I can't imagine that any will be shut down. I also can't imagine anyone being given the option of picking their gameworld come release. Otherwise everyone below the rank of 100 is going to leave.

So there you go a little speculation from me September release and no gameworlds being cut.

No comments: