Tuesday 23 March 2010

Three Season Qualifiying

Three Season Qualifiying

This is my understanding of how it'll work. Max rep phased in over the three seasons.

Season One: Random Qualifiers
Season Two: Two Tiers based on previous season So Div.1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 2a, 2b
Season Three: Three Tiers 1a, 1b through to 3a, 3c

I tried quite a few times to get this changed as I felt that having teams chase a Division 6 title was more fun for teams lower down the early pecking order. The teams at the very bottom have three seasons of middle if the table to look forward to at best.

Just made the game a little more exciting for teams lower down.

I failed to get this changed though. In saying that I think the phased tiers could work out well even if it is at the expense of some lower teams having a brief moment of glory.

Still somewhat puzzeled by the sentiment that it's unfair to do it earlier as teams could become trapped lower than they should be. So a team that really is amongst the elite of the gameworld could be in say Div.4 and not Div.1.

I think a) that's very unlikely after 80 odd games and b) not that much of an isse with the reputation being phased in.

Still I tired and as I say it's not that big an issue.

Hopefully the launch will go to schedule and we're back in play tomorrow. I'm expecting lots of rage as a result of the pools though, LOTS. I'd give it a week or so before we see 'New GW please SI' :(

No comments: