Wednesday 24 March 2010

Happy Days

So here we are eve of reset and lets try to be upbeat!

The game mechanics are done we've got a nice clear set up for the FA's that offer a decent game for a wide range of styles.

I'm not a fan of Youth Academies but with the limitations on SI they've done a superb job with them.

Returning Stars it's not for me but lots of managers wanted real players and this works for them.

Si will have learnt from past mistakes and not be opening GW's willy nilly and will be super cute in handling this CRUCIAL area of the game from now on.

Ok so things are a little slow if you play a bit but you can fill the time with youth or just mess about with CPU clubs.

If ever the GW's are going to stay active it's now with only a certain type of manager left, i.e enjoys the game. So a few will leave but that's life.

I've been so involved in many aspects of the conceptual stuff in beta I feel almost burnt out. I'm just a humble beta tester so do feel for the SI guys.

Fought very hard for some changes lost most of them but I played my part in getting some things in.

The new wage system I have no doubt will be the subject of rage as some managers to get to the top and then fail to stay there.

I think my main worry is one of manager expectations many of the current user base are previously top ranking managers and clearly getting anywhere near the top now is going to be very difficult.

I'm expecting to be ranked 500th odd and just chug away in the lower divisions. I'll be happy doing that as long as the GW's last!

1 comment:

Chris said...

The fact they decided to not reset skills, means that even after the changes, someone with over a years worth of skill points will have a vast advantage over a newbie.

I am glad I left.