Friday 26 March 2010

Skill Issues & Money Shortage

Well the two big bugs, are the skills issue and the lack of money if you confirm early. The money one I would imagine is easy to fix, the skills one I'm not so sure.

I seem to have too many in one GW and too few in another but I've no idea what they should be as I didn't think it would be broken.

Lessen learnt? This lesson should have been learned a long time ago by SI now is to try and mirror EXACTLY in beta what is in Live. So what they should have done is reset the two beta worlds. Then you have long term managers with the same amount of skills totally focused on the game being right as their playing the game properly.

I had a few thousand skills moving in the Horton beta moves and whilst I did log in to test naturally it's just not the same as playing long term.

Does the returning stars feature work in a Gameworld that's three seasons old, does it work in regen and real GW's, does the draft work in a Gameworld three seasons old, is it balanced, does progression work out in a regen world, how does the new database play out.

No idea and the two long term beta worlds are either not using the same database or behind retail.

Anyway almost end of moaning, we're back in the room and although there were a couple of issues I think overall it's quite an accomplishment for SI to get this far this quickly.

Gutted Nick's not in Voller but we're both in Valderama, although my account there has been cancelled, ends July.

It's going to be a long few months as the Gameworlds wind up and I think it's going to be tough as a lot of managers will leave. I'm still very confident the game is in good shape but these first few months will be a real test as managers leave or start screaming for new GW's.

We get through this and it's going to turn out fine.

No comments: