Monday 1 June 2009

The Shuffle

My Shearer team is awful, not one of the players is less than high profile and I think there are five world famous but eesh they lose a lot!

Last throw of the dice put a couple in £1 auctions. I can't see me getting it really but if Shearer team doesn't start doing better in a couple of seasons we'll move them on.

The beta and StJohn teams despite having much worse players fair much better, StJohn now has 3.1/2 star rep (wages £56k) and the Beta team has taken the NFA Div1 title twice this season. I guess I'm a better manager in those worlds? I do know I'm a more casual manager in those worlds!

Anyway as it turned out I got a combined £3m for Wendell and Luiz I had already shortlisted Welbeck who was on a £2m auto. This kid who is 24 now in Shearer and seems to tick all the boxes. It was from a team that had left the GW so the money should be dead now.


I also noticed M'Villa in auction starting at £500k, don't think I'll get him for that but at 22 he's not much use to youth teams and probably won't do much for senior teams until 26/27 so you never know.

Always worth trying something and I do have some cash for wage auctions now unless I spot a steal.

No comments: