Sunday 21 June 2009

Conspiracy Theory for FM Live

There is now a very strong undercurrent of unrest on the forums and in Gameworlds the managers left are smarting a bit. Pretty much you enter a gameworld with a long term plan only as it comes to fruition to see the gameworld dead or dying, at the very best limping along.

Yet SI have said there is a plan, only they can't say what it is they have to 'get permission'. Scratching my head what would you need to get permission for, reading between the lines it's an SI idea that needs to get approved by Sega.

This is part of the reason why I gave up being a mod i have no inside knowledge so I can just speculate. Ok lets have a think these are the possible ideas to encourage users into old worlds.

1) Discount the cost of the game
2) Boost - Cash or skills
3) Something else

Can't see a discount working it's been tried already and isn't that big a deal. I guess it could be a free trial that would work but eesh wide open to abuse.

A boost, maybe, but to really inject some life it would need to be a big one. There again it's much easier to build a stronger team in an old Gameworld compared to a new Gameworld, the main issue is the team relative to everyone else is weaker. I wouldn't have much of an issue with this although it kills off a part of the long term nature of the game. How far would you go to have a fighting chance of being top of the rankings you'd need £10million and I can't see that happening.

So far I'm thinking it's something else, so random idea time. The only thing I can think of is inactive teams and the ability to take them over. It really would add depth and perhaps the sense of hopelessness when things are going horribly wrong wouldn't be quite so bad.

You could have a managerial career, well I won't warble on about it I've done that before. It's late and far out ideas make sense:)

No comments: