Wednesday 18 June 2008

We are at 'one' with FM Live.

Well with us out of the running for the title (or so I thought) and the UFFA Champions League I thought I’d do a mini restart like I did last season.

First thing though I think I have become at ‘one’ with FM Live. This last season we played a part in knocking out the fine Northern Utd from the champions league. They have better players and to be fair we didn’t really deserve the win. We drew Bethnel in the UFFA Youth Champions Cup and 0-0 away was looking good but could only draw 1-1 at home, we deserved the win but then that’s football.

In fact the wins when they come against the run of play are sweet and the loss’s bitter. You must have lows to have highs. I think it’s important to keep it in perspective, who the heck is going to care in five years time if you won the Champions League in Season X in Gameworld Y a year down the line.

So now I sit back and kind of enjoy the show. Form wise if you’re getting the chances then you have to say the team / tactics are right and eventually it’ll come. If that isn’t right it’s back to the drawing board.

Which is what I did, I thought lets do a clear out and put Lucho, Arda, Macualey, Pablo, Basa in £1 auction. An hour later and there were no bids for Arda or Macaulay! Maybe Macaulay I could understand he’s £23k over his wage demand but at 20 has a 7 rating and goal every other game you cannot buy that for £1.

Arda was very odd he was 20 at Gameworld launch and already has some stunning stats his aq fee is going up fast and now at 24 with a wage demand of £20k surely a banker?

I’ll leave him do it on the pitch. So just Lucho, Pablo and Basa gone and I know have a very healthy bank balance.

The key now is not to rush in I shall play the current team and find weakness and strengthen that area. With the senior team in uproar over Lucho going I was expecting a train wreck at first and a slow return to mediocrity.

Tarik was moved up front, Kim Hueng to right wing, Arda to the middle as an AMC and Bruno / Montero as the other MC, Sene on left wing. At the back Meretta was given his chance.

So the first batch of games I thought ok lets just relax and watch the 4-0 defeats come in. You never know do you! The team started playing this high tempo racey attacking stuff. A bit scary at times, 4-3 isn’t good for the nerves but something was definitely off when 1-0 down to FK Hald at half time and Arda belts two glorious goals in.

So now I’m waiting for the bubble to burst. I sold Lucho to Weoley Castle sods law we’d be facing them in the league away from home. 1-1 is finished and this is with Arda and Tarik out injured! It wasn’t a scrappy 1-1 either if we grabbed the 3 points they really could not complain.

No comments: