Tuesday 24 June 2008

Crazy Times

A mass influx of new managers and a mass culling of old ones has been interesting to watch. I've seen my mates actually build up fairly competitive squads very quickly. I've also realised that I don't really want to gorge myself on quality and prefer being an underdog to an extent. Although there are some tempting targets :)

Season 4 is now officially over. Highlights we finished 3rd in the NFA Premier League actually had I not sold the big three when I did I may well have taken it! Still 3rd was impressive I felt. Youth, won U21 title, U21 Cup, U17 title, missed out on U19 and won the UFFA Pyshco Cup.

Big games, UFFA Pyscho Cup final was against Inter Retirement who have almost become our sister club. Two nil up from the first leg (away) only for us to go down 3-1 in the 2nd leg, no away goals so extra time, Sene has many talents but his work rate is second to none and eventually an exhausted Inter were broken twice in Extra time.

Didn't really feel that jubilant, one because it was against Inter and two because it should have been away goals and they would have won it if that was the case.

U21 League
FK Hald had won this last season (I forgot to enter) and had run us close. I had found them early on to be annoying to play against, with their odd 4-1-2-3 formation. This wasn't helped by their manager quipping 'I love beating you' on his way to second successive win, grrrr. Eventually I found their weak spot and things turned.

In fairness their team isn't just about tactics though and they have some very accomplished youth players. So with just a few games to go and just a one point lead at the top we faced off against each other. We exploded to a 3-0 lead only to see us lose our grip totally with five minutes left it was 3-3. A Meretta free kick with minutes left caused groans to turn to celebrations.

It was then a nice to finish the season with two senior wins against them as well.

One of the highlights that will go down in Jakswans history is the win against the best team in the land Northern Utd in the Champions League of course. I was also pleased with doing the double over Trumptonville. Catherine's Wanstead Hammers sadly did the double over me and I think cost me lots of points in all the youth leagues.

The crash in player prices is nothing short of sensational with players with a supposed market value of millions going for hundreds. Now is the time to buy!

I'm glad I held some money back:)

I think I may have to loan out a few though. Basically the new teams want the players but can't afford them and the old teams don't need the players. A sharp new manager though can quickly build up an impressive line up.

1 comment:

Fred said...

Awesome blog! Keep up the good work!

Can you answer me about a question?
In the beginning in FML, are the players all invented and the known players only become available as time moves on? Or are they always available from the start?
Thanks!

By the way, I'm Frederico from Lisbon, Portugal, and I applied for a Beta Invite! I hope you consider it!
(sorry for being always on this issue but I would love it!)

fr_slb@hotmail.com