Friday 6 June 2008

Kids

I've finally got a few U17's starting to kick in again. One thats come out of the woodwork is Carl Williams. He's not someone to make the jaw drop but he's solid consistently makes great through balls and if he gets a chance it generally ends in the back the net. As you can see he's coming on nicely.
This is what I thought the youth system would be like in FM Live, you'd sign a bunch of cheap kids and slowly filter them out. However the potential thing means that a kid can go as high as 24k a day in auction.

Then there are whole load of clubs that are totally preoccupied with youth rank so that then prevents them from chucking kids in to see how it pans out. I will dump about half the kids I sign by 17 though, half again at 18, the final cull at 19.

SI are canny bunch and I do wonder about this potential thing it seems a bit loose to me, far too many kids I have are not high potential and coming on fast.

No comments: