Monday 23 June 2008

Gluttony

I was just about to go big for Ashley Cole when I noticed an absolute mountain of quality players in wage auction.

I'm earning in excess of £20k a day in interest and you do get used to that so I might just kick back and watch this season pass.

In saying that I did need a goalie and some high rep player. I also didn't want an oldie and pay a fortune and someone way over wage demand. Buffon popped up wage demand £40k on £45 for £4.5m. At 33 he's a good few years left in him as a goalie. This was a spot purchase and I had completely forgotten about another Goalie I had bid on Janut (servers down).

Then I took a fancy to Brooksides U21 goalie so think I may have him as well.

I pushed Ashley Cole upto £4m but AFCA had a higher bid so let him go, 30 is too old for that position / money. So I then started to have a look through Brooksides other talent. Brookside had declared their intention to restart. He had some really decent kids and some had already started to emerge (Aq Fee's rising) so I thought I'd attempt to bag some of these.

It's gamble investing now to secure the long term future of the club, everyone keeps saying the beta is almost over but honestly still can't see it. (Major crash tonight). Besides it's nice to have players at youth level that entertain.

With all this wheeling and dealing next years seniors team was pretty much fixed in my head now these plans have gone out the window. Everything has been on hold for the last few days anyway as the SI gods decided to mawl Montero (6days) and Mungy Bungy (3weeks, yes THREE) and also gave Adu a slap (5days) and Bruno had a short term injury as well. So that's pretty much my entire proposed midfield out of action.

Bruno is an oddity whenever I play him we are much harder to beat and win games, his potential is nothing special and his stats are not breathtaking but he always looks dangerous. Arda continues to cause much shouting, wonderful Arda, skips past four players then a superb one two to an open goal and puts it over the bar. Ask him to shoot outside the box though and he'll curl one in no worries, sigh.

So I'm pretty much convinced that Bruno will start as MC next season but Arda I'm not so sure. So does Mungy Bungy or Montero go there or even Wellington (nice little £5k a day capture). Then is Arda that much better than Kim Hueng Song if he isn't do I sell Arda. Not the time to be selling as I suspected a crash in player prices. A few days back I approached Reading Town about Tevez (Market Value £7m ish) and got told that would be fine!

Thankfully the bank vetoed (Wages) and quickly caused me to rethink.

No comments: