Thursday 12 June 2008

Stumbling

For some time I've go on (whined if your not being nice) about bad form. It goes like this your winning losing games. You look back and think well I was unlucky \ lucky, made the incorrect \ correct tactical decisions and generally roll with it.

Then bang out of the blue you go four games and strikers just stop scoring or you go 2-0 up with ten minutes left and the team makes a few defensive mistakes. You then have it a bad case of BF (Bad Form).

Thus far I have guessed why it starts and why it ends and I have to say it seems fairly random to me. The worse thing is there is no indication from the game that you have it, why it started when it will end.

Luckily I don't have BF at the moment it's a matter of time though. It does seem players with a bigger rep are more likely to have 'moments' that either end these bad runs or stop them from occurring in the first place.

I have posted Lucho and Tarik's potential availability expressing an interest in a Left Back / Goalie as exchange so far no interest. I'm lucky I have no players going to auction this season so maybe I should let things go and battle on with what we've got.

We have built up a little bit of cash now £3m ish so I could afford to buy (will wait till close season as prices collapse then). The cash came from daily surplus with a few sales Grainger 24 Year Old Left Back £250k, and Andersson £500k. Both of these were very decent but we had a better left back who was younger and Andresson a left winger was never going to replace Arda.

Whilst we're now riding high in the rankings, we've had a dreadful season in FED comps (shouldn't call them FED games but FA games now). For three seasons on a lower budget than every other team and against much stronger opposition we've been a storm at youth level and bagged Champions League football twice. We are limping along to a 3rd or fourth spot finish now.

Perhaps I should return to a touch of research on upcoming opponents and this could give us the extra spurt for the run in.

No comments: