Thursday 5 June 2008

Roller Coaster Season Start

Well season 4 is well underway and the NFA has a new look this season. Dundee Rio left for another gameworld, Rafalution became inactive and CUJimmy went to another Fed. Martial (fellow FA organiser) cleaned up the NFA so we had mostly actives left. What this mean is that we now had an FA with just 26 users. So the pyramid is just a Premier League.

A new FA was created AFA Active Football Association the point of which just went clean over my head. Apparently it was to ensure that they had only active users. Perhaps I should explain AI penalty:-

The NFA has a 50% AI penalty so I'm in the Premier League and will get a minimum of £500k ish this season as prize money from the league. However if more than 50% of my games go to AI (I don't play them but AI does) then I'll suffer an AI penalty of upto 50% of the prize money that would have been paid.

This sounds a bit ominous but the NFA (Nighttime football association) has a play slot of 10:30 - midnight so as long as I'm on between those times I'll easily be lower than 50%.

The are several FA's, Daytime, Primetime, afternoon etc, all roughly have the same AI penalty with narrow play slots. The new Active FA has a 20% ish penalty and no recognised time slot.

How the heck can anyone be on 80% of the time? Seems to me the thinking behind it was to create an FA with only actives in it but the NFA has only actives in it?

As I say over my head no idea how that's going to work.

I digress an update on Season 4 (we're about Day 4 now). I suppose with my new found rank of top 50, previous top 5 finishs and teams leaving I think aspirations of titles could be in my line of sight.

Sadly going up against Martial's Bliss resulted in one point from our two games, meanwhile Bliss FC then went on the rampage and didn't lose once in their first 14 or so games. Vanquishers another team in the top 50 also started to hit form to see us looking rather hopeless.

Another favourite for the title was Trumptonville and when he challenged me to the games I thought I just as well get it over with. At home we were lucky coming out 2-1 winners at best we only deserved a point. Away from home we snatched a 1-0 and although I could not really have complained at a draw.

I then carried on playing with good form drawing the odd game away and winning at home. Then all of sudden Bliss FC had a little blip and Vanquishers were dropping points all over.

So now it looks as if I've got a fighting chance of that title again. I think my most memorable game to date which is symptomatic of my team and seasons so far was at home to Josh Zinckle Utd.

Game starts at 30 minutes we're cruising 3-0, he's only playing 3 at the back and Arda with that much space is just going to be a horror show. My team then decides job done lets all take it easy but in fairness Utd have some fight in them and eventually we're at 4-3 with five minutes to go. As I chomp on my fingernails we break and the ball lands to Sene and the form he's in as soon as the ball lands at his feet I know it's game over.

It's so odd the bubble bursts after the Bliss games and we see the title move away from us and I can relax season over. Then I see my team go on a run that puts the pressure back on. It would be nice to finish the Beta having won the NFA Premier League / NFA U21/U19 and U17 leagues.

No comments: