Saturday 3 May 2008

Third Season Preview

With the third season about to kick off thoughts and hopes...

All of the stars in the team are young so I'm going to stick my kneck out and say we should be safe from relegation given our 4th place finish in the Premier League last season. (Hopes)

In theory you'd have thought that we'd be able to improve but with Sassine and Plymouth coming up we'd be doing well to maintain a top 10 finish. That's the target at least top 10.

Rafalution still have a small squad full of stars some of which are 30 or just over so assuming they'll stay injury free they would remain favourites. According to the team sheets Sassine would be second favourites but they consistently fail to hit the Top Six in Rankings and with teams having more tactical focus on FA games they may struggle to mount a serious challenge.

Plymouth led by Calv are going to be the ones to make an impact I suspect. At every level his teams are hard to beat and he's got the players to really push on at senior level. Dundee Rio will, as ever, be strong,. CuJimmy has kept his team together and will be up there come the end of season.

If it goes with rankings then Bliss FC will be a handful. Yikes I'm talking myself into relegation again.

In terms of Youth at every level apart from U17 Chris can play and I will use him a lot in youth FA games. Birmingham have left the NFA and they offered the biggest threat at U21 level. This will be Wendall's last season in Youth and I expect a lot from him.

U19 I have quite a lot of options Montero, Bracke, Sene, Patrick should now be coming good, I have three full backs who all play great. Kim Heung Keun an out and out winger is pure and simple entertainment if he improves it's going to be a fun season.

I'm not sure what Calv (Plymouth) has done at U17 level for this season but if they've improved then they'll be deadly. We have a lot of kids moving on and I'm not sure what the new lot will be like. Just trying to figure out the shape of the team after ageing takes place. The core of the team will be Montero and Bracke with £5k a day boy Herfferman providing the entertainment up front.

Finally rather than trying to explain why I pay Chris so much perhaps you'd like to see the through balls. He does the striker thing 0.6 goals a game but through balls like these...

No comments: