Thursday 29 May 2008

I'm with Stupid

Ha forget to mention this, the wage auction season. I had a utility player that was ok, he could play CM, DC, LM AND LB nice sub to have on the bench but I found him to be inconsistent and really lacked a touch of class. The wage was low and I would have kept him but I was out of auto's. I advertised him for £100k instant. He doesn't sell so I think well no one will offer silly money now. Boom, in come three bids and he goes for £7500 a day £36k Aq fee and £5k above his Wage Demand. In 14 days time he starts losing money over the £100k insant!!?

I then made a mistake myself, I had a fancy that Arda in the middle with Lucho would be ideal. So thought I'd have a scout for a Left Winger. I eventually found Andersson with a Wage Demand of around £10k a day. Seemed to fit the bill... age, skill and rep etc. He was at Toxteth in wage auction and to be honest I'd normally try elsewhere as he was an active manager.

However I do recall losing Petrov at the end of Season One to Toxteth so didn't really have second thoughts. As it turns out this was a mistake, despite Andersson being a fine player he's only as good as Kim Hueng Song and a long way of Arda standards.

Finally Pablo, and not Arda in the middle is very often a vital requirement, especially if the opposition is playing narrow (almost all top teams play a variant).

So Andersson is going to need to move one just hope I can sell and he doesn't cost me that much.

No comments: