Monday 19 May 2008

Plan D: Not as bad as I thought

Well after a few days for morale and the team to settle things have turned just fine. Nick from Inter has agreed that Montero is on an extended loan the only downer was Wendall. Actually Wendall did have a weakness, very short, and it's a shortcoming I'd would never have faced.

I suspect I lost £4m ish on Wendall but there you go.

The rest were going anyway, Malonga contract up, Sousa Contract Up, Sammorco not very good, Thornhill not very good and finally Moya. Well over £2m and it was something I was going to do was move him just not yet. I had a contract lock on him and my U21 goalie has been amazing in the last three seasons and deserved a shot at it.

Rodriguez, he was a fine RB was another, but it's about time Meretta made his move into first team so he can cover there.

Thus far after a very shaky start (expected) the team then started to play quite well. I decided to be bold and just leave Maltriz on the bench, Arda in the middle with Pablo and Meretta in at Right Back.

Owen Jones the goalie is a wonder only 5'8 but he's a bit like the the Barnsley Keeper that kept Liverpool out, just all the time. He has moments but half his games it's a clean sheet. Moya was one in three. Naturally this will be helped by £4m DC Basa. Malonga the £2.5m striker had a sensational start but got injured in his first senior game.

I actually think a lot of my problems have been as a result of being lazy. Maltriz went to wage auction last season and I had cash in the bank ready to buy a DC looking back I should have done that then.

Over the last few days the team's shape is such that I'm facing too many young players again. I have to find left back but in Piaggo who is 18, very steady, Sene is simply going amazing 6'4" and now oozes pace. Since trying Sene up front at youth he bags more goals than Macualey, I'm playing him Left Wing Seniors but I need to give him a punt up front. Replacement at Left Wing no problem but a 20 year old, the Oriental guy. I've got £5m and either it goes in the midfield or at left back...(Arda moves to his natural position then on the wing).

I'm sorry as well if your reading this with a few potential superstars in your squad on massive wages. It defo means that they player will improve, how far depends and is fairly random. The player actually needs to play well to start with he just doesn't grow from like 7 pace to 19 or tackling 6 to 15. Sene and Montero are both 3 stars as far as I can see and basically eat some 4/5 stars for breakfast :)

It's a never ending search for U17's Sene wasn't that great at 16 I had about four more that I thought were better. It is just a case of running them through a lot of games and watching the player play. Then there is Evina he's 3.5 stars area and over two and half seasons didn't improve at all. He's a quick left winger though and I couldn't find better at the right price. Tail end of this season his critical stats start to shoot up, it was really touch and go if I renewed his contract last season.

The worse thing though about doing it this way though is you have accept that your going to give them a chance I often feel a weakened team at U17 level just to see who starts playing.

Over the next few days I've got to deal with contracts expiring and give everyone a chance to bid on players at a level that will mean another drop in Morale I suspect but hopefully we should be a steady ship by the time the new season starts.

No comments: