Friday 23 May 2008

Flat and the One

Whilst the game has turned a little flat of late, mainly due to close season and several very active managers leaving for new Gameworlds and another load that have gone idle. I have continued with preparations for next season.

With Casas nearing the end of his contract I offered him out for £400k, he's actually worth a little more but I wanted to get set for wage auctions. He went quite quickly. Looking at the team then I've got three young options for left back, Diaz (a Peter Pan 3 Seasons at 16), Mounmouni (can play left awesome mental stats) and Piagio now 18 and has played a handful of games at senior level and done well.

So as things stood I had a back four of :-

GK Johnson (cheapo 30 year old keeper with high attributes including eccentricity, should be fun!), Meretta RB (19 and done well in this position so far), Daikte (22, amazing DC), Basa (26 Year Old DC proven record £4m signing).

In the middle:-

Left Wing Kim Hueng Song (20, can be amazing a bit early for him senior level so is inconsistent), Arda (23, slightly out of position should be on left), Pablo (25, a rock!), Right Wing Tarik (23, consistent since 20 great winger).

Up front from a choice three Macualey (19, has a lunatic mode which is a joy to watch, just starting to turn it on at Senior level), Sene (18, natural left footer quick, strong tall, deadly finish), Malonga (21, pacey, very strong great in the air and a right handful).

So what I now was looking at was a very talented bunch of kids what I really needed was a world class player and the one big gap was in the centre of midfield. One that was a leader with a proven track record. Lucho was in auction and with a bid of £5m already in and an instant buy of £7m. Auctions tend to be ebay like and people leave things till the last minute with a few days to go this £5m was likely going to go up.

I suspected it would go up to around £6m maybe more, for some time now I've been coming to the conclusion that there are no bad players in FM there are only the right type of players at the right price and vice versa.

Lucho was just what I needed, every box was ticked a little old at 29, dare I risk missing out for the sake of million every other player I had looked at had involved a compromise, great talent but young, no influence, a great player but not enough class and so on. So £7.1m poorer, Jakswans transfer record broken, let me introduce the latest arrival to the Jakski:-

No comments: