Thursday 2 July 2009

Youths - A Waste of time?

OK to recap, apart from the ever under performing Jakswans in Shearer, we're 15th with wages of £160k in beta (thats just gone up a lot though) and 80th with wages of just over £100k in StJohn. The market in beta is pretty shocking but the stadium is about 2 weeks away from being paid off allows me the luxury of wage auction bids for the 29yo's+.

A long time ago very early in my FM Live career I asked Robert Webb does age make a difference? His replay was 'Yeah their stats go up' but there is more to it than that I think.

Lets take M'Villa was at one time a 21yo with an Aq Fee of £400k looks great on paper and in fairness does ok, but £400k Aq Fee you'd expect a bit more than ok wouldn't you? A £35k Aq Fee Striker who is 29 does the same job, just imagine what a £400k 29yo would do!

In saying all that the Shearer team once again is going through one of it's periods, i.e. lets dominate games for 20mins, miss a load of chances, concede a goal, then throw the towel in. I did sign Frey (GK) mid season and signing a player like that is always going to rock the boat so I think I'll take a break from Shearer rather than stare hopelessly at the horror show gradually getting frustrated:) It might be a bit lame but I honestly have no idea how to break the spell other than time :(

My plan in Shearer is to go Galacticos for one season and unless totally bombing take a season out with a soft reset, on holiday in August anyway.

Sadly StJohn team now has £5m going into the stadium over the next 28 days so we're just going to have to cope next season.

No comments: