Wednesday 22 July 2009

Youth in FM Live

Youths had always previously been my thing in FM Live, GW6 lots of seasons in the top 3 on a tight budget. I even started Shearer in the same mold, sadly though commercial reality of their perceived value by the gameworld at large (high) and their final value (low) meant the youth team was left, a luxury I couldn't afford.

Being fairly well minted these days I thought I'd keep an eye out for some value in the youth market and have now managed to patch together a half decent U21 / U19 team. I then got curious about the old youth team and where it was these days.

Take into account that this team was mainly U17 in Season 1 and I kept them until they were around 19/20. This squad won the following SFA titles:-

SFA U17 3 times, SFA U19 All of them SFA U21 - Twice.

So a very successful squad now 23/24 years old where are they now?

Not one of that team is High Profile! Figures really I would expect them to get to High Profile 25/26 world famous much later at 27/28. No real wonderkids though, I'm so glad I don't do £20k a day for youths!

I do enjoy the youth side of things though so it's a pity the other managers overvalue them like they do.

1 comment:

T-Bag said...

So very true!