Sunday 26 July 2009

Betfair

Ohh the football season is coming and I may just go for football betting again. I was a major gambler, betting as much as £2 a time :)

Seriously it was good fun especially as I have a liking for stats etc. Tell you one thing managers of FM Live might think that the match engine is random you out to try the real thing.

Anyway I had a system which I thought I'd go on about basically on you can bet on games live. So here goes odds for a game starting are say 3.3 for the draw, 3.3 for home, 3.3 for away.

So follow my logic.... if the home team scores their odds go down, if the away team scores their odds go down, in both cases the price for the drawer goes UP.

Ok so on betfair you can 'lay' a bet, dam didn't want to do screen-shots. I guess I'll have to.


So that's how I would set a game up, I take a bet on the drawer, either side scores and I bet on a draw. So this is how it would look:-

If your with me so far then your better than 90% of the people I've tried to explain this to. I found early this kind of worked but there are two flaws in this plan. The first is a 0-0, the odds on the drawer will trickle to nothing so you'll never be able to trade out and a sure fire favourite.

Normally price on a 0-0 is around 8-10 so I tried to counter my 0-0 loss's with a bet on the 0-0 but I could never get it to pay out consistently.

There are loads of weird and wonderful ways to try and find a system and I found it pretty good entertainment as long as you kept on a very fine budget.

I think the biggest danger is convincing yourself you have a sure fire system only to find that you don't at the worst possible time!

Anyway it would be interesting to see how 'the Match Engine is broken totally unrealistic crowd' would get on.

No comments: