Monday 11 January 2010

Like a Flash

If your following the Development forum then Si haven't dragged their feet, we've seen an early draft on of the proposed new system in beta.

Basically as your rep picks up you are going to be forced to put your top players in wage auction to basically ensure that your paying market price for them.

Now it's dam hard to try and work this all out as a new finance and rep system is due to kick in as well.

I have no doubt this system will not be popular with some, my tactic in Live was build a stadium get to 3.5 star rep and bobs your uncle. Earning rep now isn't going to be as easy as just signing the right players you have to have had some measure of success. As you start it's nice and easy ride with unlimited locks on players.

The downside is you'll not have much cash, as you climb it'll slowly get harder as you won't be able to keep extending your players without it costing a lot. It gradually forces you to rotate your squad.

Couple of things spring to mind there are going to be managers going up, unable to cope with the wages and will go back down, their going to be on the forums going ballistic. There will be some that will be able to cope and stay top without an issue and some of us (me more than likely) that'll bounce around being one of the also rans.

One of the posters said it'll cause GW hopping as it'll be much easier to progress so they'll climb then move to do it again elsewhere. DELIGHTFUL!

I'd take that any day of the weak rather than no progression and managers leave the game in frustration. Should keep the subscribers up.

I think the next thing to sort is the FA's. I'm a heavy user by nature but have played casual in many worlds. I would like to play in just one gameworld and whilst the youth side of the game sort of keeps you occupied I would like to play more games.

To be honest the biggest issue as a heavy user is that the game moves too slow, the ladder leagues do kind of sort this as things move faster. I suspect a hybrid of the ladder league and normal leagues will suit me quite well. So 16 team leagues running 3 times a season, 90 odd games.

Don't give a monkeys about AI or live games, I can quite understand a manager who's having a torrid time not wanting to watch the horror show:)

This will allow me to always me to have games at whatever level I'm at whenever I log in, I've never been bothered about there being mega teams in GW's relative to my team, as long as I don't have to play them! Not having enough games means your then forced to go looking for games and then the frustration starts as you get battered 9-1:)

I know there are CPU teams but their pretty meaningless affairs.

No comments: