Monday 24 August 2009

Holiday Mumbles

I've a very limited connection at Sea, you buy time in blocks and I seem to eat through it very quickly. Quite relexing spending the day at the pool or beach or Venice (left there two days ago) having a fantastic five course meal and then a few hours to myself as the women go an watch some show.

With not much time left i thought I would update the blog.

The teams

Jakswans Beta - Doing pretty good another title in the ladder, got promoted stage before last as Champions then stayed up then won the Division One title. The stadium is all done here so it's just a case of maintaining the calibre of players. Just as well cut here to 1.3.

1.3 Notes
Match Engine - I haven't had time to spend with the match engine, the ball physics are lot different I did note some high scoring games and high scoring players I think this might be fixed now.
Multi Staged comps - I don't think are working properly, sadly not enough time to log in and fully check. They work but they don't record the result in your profile just the last team to have won things. Will have to try and check that and report as a bug if that is indeed what is happening.
AI Teams - They keep players fit, not sure if you can enter teams into custom comps or FA comps, do they count towards activity rating? Another thing I'll have to check.
No sign of anything else other than match plans which I just haven't bothered with.

Jakswans Shearer - Mmmm don't really know what's going on here but we're flying high in the top 10. Not getting carried away as Yussuf, Falcoa and Frey are potentially in their last season. Still it's a solid season so far hope to get back for the final run in, maybe we can win something.

Former StJohn team - I parked them up in a GW just see just how fast i can progress this time. Wages of £26k! My thinking here is that the first season rep seems locked to max 2 stars so it's pointless spending cash on big names.

I did get involved in another forum thread even Ov responded but he then seemed to back off. Basically a long term type of game would invlove a deeper pyramid of teams with incomes ranging from £1m - £20m a season but currentyl it's £6m - £12m.

Maybe I'm wrong on this and that is enough depth as it is and all will be made better with 'bigger and better competitions', although I've seen nothing concrete as to what this actually means.

This is slightly controversial and why I post here and not on the forums.... being a top ranked team as things stand is very easy on the eye, you rarely have to play a top ranked team yourself and I'm pretty sure the reason for the demise of lower ranked teams is their record of LLLLLWLLLLL.

The top ranked teams have records of WWWWLWWWW, the earn this record at the expense of weaker teams. If we saw ladders or the end to FA hopping nonsense then these records would be more realistic. The thing is the top teams don't really like it, the FA's are set up by orgs who in the main come from higher ranked teams so the status quo remains.

OK back to the holiday:)

No comments: