Monday 3 August 2009

Update - Winners and Losers

There is no shame in it but we'd managed to survive in the NFA 1st Division longer than anyone else and one guy has Ronaldo etc in his team, but sadly after a long run the Jakswans went down from Division One in the NFA in beta. It wasn't all doom and gloom in beta as we managed to win the first stage of Division One.


I must be a bit twisted but I really enjoyed the fight against relegation a real six pointer against Theatre ended in a 1-1, not quite good enough but really enjoyed it all the same. I really enjoy this system every 5 days the drama is on as you fight either to stay up / go up or win something.

I must remember to do a rant about 30 year old players soon.

On a more upbeat note the StJohn team managed to escape relegation on goal difference, high drama all round but did just enough in the end. Armed with a fair bucket of cash I've gone and used the entire overdraft to pull the team together for next season and I'm hopeful we won't be involved in another relegation battle.

We've had some good times in Shearer and were fairly dominant in the SFA at youth level during seasons 1-4, this season the NFA disbanded so I was faced with a move to AEFA, but as NFA had ended got permission to join to the Premier League. I never felt we were really in the running and I've been fairly busy so didn't log in too much but 2nd spot and really the only team to make serious challenge to the eventual winners.

In saying that the season ended on a massive high with the teams first major senior honour, namely the Silver Cup. I'm in a quandary as to what to do next season, basically I'll be away for two weeks of a three week season so I'm thinking of doing youth on a bigger scale.

We'll struggle at senior level but at least we should be able to bounce back quite quickly.

No comments: