Tuesday 10 March 2009

Super Duper DM?

Back from a Weekend away

I got a few bob for the £1 auctions I left running, now have wages of £100k but the rep will collapse unless I replace one or two. I'm going to try and play a diamond 4-4-2 with an AMC and DM instead of the flat variant.

This type of formation will put even greater emphasis on the DM (who in my opinion is the key to a 4-4-2) so that's the target.

I've been watching youth players of late and I'm fairly sure there is a consistency variable at senior level, some players have huge Aq Fee's and great stats but this variable, consistency, is a hidden stat and is very low at 16 and climbs as they get older. I don't think it peaks until 24/25 and continues to grow until 34/35.

Pretty much every Gameworld I've seen if you sort teams by rank and then pick out lower rep teams that are high in the rankings invariably their older squads. I'm not saying that all youths start low, some will start high e.g. Pato but generally this is why youths don't work so well.

The problem with going this route is that you have a team of depreciating assets although very effective ones. So an old DM is what I'm after! UPDATE: Xabi Alonso signs he'll work I hope :)

Further example of youths / mature players in beta I signed Pierre Wome at 31, Aq Fee £50k ish compare him to my Shearer Left Back a £300k Aq Fee 19 year old, Wome is perfect, consistent, rarely makes a mistake, the Shearer Left Back I'm crossing fingers every time he plays. Mind Wome did only cost £1 :)

I know it's an old saying Rome was built in a day but it is built just not paid for! The Jaksi stadium is now generating £205k a day at 3.1/2 star, it'll scale nicely up for me. I think we've six weeks of payments left now then we go.

Tick Tock, tick tock, we're getting there!

No comments: