Tuesday 17 March 2009

Asking the Right Questions

Should I buy a £1m Striker or Spend £1m on the stadium?

I think this is a question that a lot of managers are asking themselves and the answer is:-

A £1m striker will change my team makes us more competitive and I'll think about stadium another day.

Ok, well first of all that's the wrong question, in Shearer a £1m striker buys you a FINE striker £20k Wage Demand jobby, so if you look at it from a 28 Day Projected point of view.

Striker - 28 Day Projected DOWN £1m Fee + £20k Wages = DOWN £1.56million.

So is the question should I spend £1.56million on a stadium then? NO, you spread the cost of the stadium over 8 weeks.

So is the question should I spend £3million on my stadium then? NO, £3m will improve your income by at least £20k a day (if you do it when the time is right) and takes 10 days to build, so 20 Days @ £20k a day = extra £400k. Double that as we're looking at eight weeks

So the correct question is:-

Should I spend £4million on my stadium or £1m on a striker?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the answer is: if you can't fill your stadium right now, you should (wisely) invest whatever you have available in players - if you have people waiting outside the gates, please make some more room for them ;)