Thursday 12 March 2009

Not much to do - Tick Tock

I get stadiums I think I know it's a long term investment but I get it. The thing is though you can't really do much in the interim to speed up progress.

Currently in Shearer we have a decent competitive squad which looks set for a top 7 finish in the Premiership which isn't bad, it's where we should be. In six weeks or so we will have finished the stadium and have a massive disposable income so next season we're their to make the numbers up and really waiting for Luiz / Ashkan to hit their prime combined with bringing in another big name player.

The thing is I can't really do much to accelerate this progression, I guess I could really focus on the remaining league games to try and push for 4th spot but the prize money difference is £50k, once the stadium is finished at current wage levels I'll be making £150k a day PROFIT.

In the meantime we'll just have to settle for watching Alonso knock 60 yd balls for my strikers then curse as strikers duly hit the ball at the keeper :) Our current form is deadly consistent it goes like this WLDDDDDDDDWL.

We do have quite a lot of talent coming through from Season 1 of the U17 squad who are looking good for the U21 title with only one of them being yet 21, most are 19! They are going to be very scary in a few seasons.

No comments: