Sunday 15 March 2009

The Shearer End of Season Shuffle

We won the SFAU21 and SFAU19 leagues again and it left me a bit cold, then I watched the team collapse once more at senior level and decided enough. The youth game is great etc but it's a waste of resource at current prices there are teams that focus on this part of the game solely so I thought I'd do an end of season shuffle! Most of the kids are on £1 Auction and I've just retained a competitive youth team.

Bidding went high quite early so I got a £200k High Profile on £10k a day left back for £600k immediately. Subject to the cash / projected coming in I'll try to add a MC and maybe even a DR. Same sort of player.

Meanwhile in Beta we've finally ramped wages up to £130k but I'm still chucking money at the stadium. So now we can break into the top 100, have got into the Premier League and still rolling investment in to a long term future. Some big cock up's I made here though.

I took wages upto 100k from the off which held me back a season and I built on the 1 Tier Basic Stands which I then had to knock down, this wouldn't have been so bad but the seat prices were tweaked during the beta so paid double what they are now.

Looking at it Stadium investment is really a four / five season thing and if you go short term with wages around £140k you won't really get hit until season 5. In saying that in season 5 your pretty much done and you'll either have to do really well trading or cut your wages drastically.

The graph looks a bit grim due to being in close season, Premier League / Media money should bring around £250k more and those stadium payments soon tail off to nothing!

The beta has remained quite active and prices for players have gone WAY high and slowly have come back, during the wage auctions I was after a DC the first one went for £33k (Wage Demand £10k) by the fourth day I picked up a £150k High Profile 29 Year Old for just over £10k a day, sorted.

No comments: