Tuesday 13 January 2009

Selling the same Story

Like pyramids I'm done with stadiums I've blumin built about 40 of the dam things testing the code looking at it from a new users point of view and established gameworld point of view. I've tried to raise awareness of the issue on the forums and in game you just have to cut your loss's at some point.

Whilst I'm in ranty mode and it's a 'told you so' morale, the game badly needs Alpha & Beta servers. 1.0.1 released with issues, 1.1 released with issues and wait till we see the sparks fly when stadiums release if they stay in their current form :(

On a more positive note we managed to win the SFA U17 & U19's and it looks like we'll be at least runners-up in the SFAU21 League and Cup. I can't imagine that we'd repeat last seasons clean sweep of youth comps but, five titles in two seasons is impressive I'd say.

With our status as a premiership club secured and title hopes beyond us I decided to move in the transfer market and start looking at next season. A few sales later and we've a nice cosy sum in the bank and a short auction for Grafite should bag us some more.

I could have kept Grafite as he didn't need a lock this season but what's the point of finding a 17 year old who's already got an Aq Fee of £160k and having him on the bench barely getting a sniff of first team action.

Exactly what to do from here all depends on stadiums but we're not talking about that anymore!

I really do think the youth locks are not enough I have Scott Parker in a forward thinking MC role at the moment but I suspect a kid who's 21, and suffered from age bug, so signed at 19 but is now 21 (thanks for that bug SI) namely, Fidel Martinez, could come on a fair bit. Sadly by the time he's a starter for the first team I think I'll be juggling locks again so will need to move him on.

No comments: