Wednesday 14 January 2009

Balls as Big as

I think you have to salute SI, I've played a lot of games and when I played Battlefield 2 it was like the game was designed by the most vocal community. EA games were just so wishy washy, SI have always seeked and appreciated feedback from the community but you can be left in no doubt SI have a vision for the game which won't be changed no matter how many toys fly out of the pram.

Although they do need to get the release notes spot on! The change so that in 1.1 you can't sustain more than 50 players is a fair kop. I've always seen youth part of the game as great fun but it was frustrating to see the same managers bid £2k a day when they already had five or six players that could do that job.

I'm sure in 1.2 this will be opened out but you'll need to invest to follow that path on the infrastructure of your club.

Anyway needless to say those with 75/100 players were not happy and many toys were thrown about but SI made it pretty clear there was no turning back.

I think they've caught me out as well looking at my spreadsheet it's flawed... The 5.4million invested at 3 star should be less the 1m already invested and so on. So I'm looking at the ground going well yeah ok you had it more or less right all along.

Still I'm going to carry on a little bit of criticism doesn't do anyone any harm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we're gradually winning you over :) I haven't posted on this blog before but am a regular reader and I have to say a big thanks to you for all your feedback so far, keep up the good work, but definitely don't stop the criticism, we need it sometimes :)