Friday 9 January 2009

Deflation - HUGE!

Stadiums are back in the Beta with a New and improved UI. I logged in and attempted to see how much a 4star stadium would cost, you can preview reputation and see crowds and income. How much? £20 million to give me a bit of room for expansion and sustain my current daily profit.

After the panic I got to thinking.... Everyone is in the same boat so the economy is going to deflate and I think the price of players will drop almost to Aq Fee maybe even lower! So actually I don't need to sustain my current earnings I just need to get to profit, current wage bill is £144k.

Let me just ram that point home a little currently I'd say the Shearer Gameworld economy is, at least, if not more, 10x Aq Fee (assuming you can sign the player on his wage demand) so a £100k Aq fee player is going to cost £1m. Once stadiums kick £100k will buy you a £100k Aq Fee player PROVIDED his contract is close to his wage demand. Players over wage demand will become a liability!

It's going to be a short sharp shock for many, and many managers will be going ballistic (even though they've been told about it well in advance) but I think it's a pain barrier the game has to go through. I guess SI could bottle it and cave in some way but they seem fairly committed to this change.

Whatever happens it's going to be interesting.

No comments: