Wednesday 7 January 2009

1.1 and 1.1.1

Well 1.1 is due this week it's not 1.1 as we fully hoped as it was going to include stadiums which will be included in 1.1.1 to follow a week or so later.

The general changes mean that the game now firmly moves away from being Fantasy Football into being more FM09 like. Still very distinct in it's own right but the massive success that the Football Traders had will now not be quite as strong.

Those that haven't listened to my woeful podcast effort will know the vision I hope that SI have the game is where 100/200 new managers are put into gameworlds every season and you progress from there.

If you start in a new gameworld the level of players that you have end season one would be pretty much the same at the end of the first season in an established gameworld.

You'll need to juggle a lot of balls to stay there and unless you invest in stadium and youth you'll start to be uncompetitive.

The Jakswans meanwhile continue their rise up the Premiership table and have me now dreaming of UFFA Qualification. The youths have been decimated by injuries (every time I log on, it's injury, injury, injury) but the seniors have remained pretty unaffected.

We got knocked out of the Gameworld Cup by one of the very good traders, their team was better than mine but we got a respectable 2-1 defeat and wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I've got a player (screenshot below) who I signed as an AMC with Scott Parker taking the defensive role in a 4-4-2. I thought I'd try him as a DM and he's gone from satisfactory to very good, problem I have now is that I need an AMC so to Scott Parker I might be looking to move in the close season.

No comments: