Wednesday 5 November 2008

Tactics Quick and Dirty for FM Live


With my Gameworld Shearer not starting for what feels like an age there won't be much to comment on over the next few weeks in terms of FM Live. There are some big changes in 1.01 but not had the ok to discuss (some are quite dramatic). So in the meantime I'd thought I'd do amateur tactics.

If know FM Britain have some great tactics and some plans to produce some extensive guides but these my quick and dirty tips. How I tend to deal with them in game and why it probably goes horribly wrong. Today playing against 4-4-2.

4-4-2
I normally play 4-4-2 myself and it's a very common formation. I haven't quite worked out why I struggle so much against it. The default tactics has one central midfielder staying back (Backward Arrow = Barrow) and the other going foward (Farrow). One of the issues I have with it is that the defensive midfielder stays either left or right so the formation is a sucker for an AMC coming through the middle.

So generally against this I'll turn turn the MC with Barrow into a DM and the MC with Farrow into an AMC. maybe pushing up the defensive line. Seems to work well against a 4-4-2.

The DM or Defensive Midfielder seems to see a lot of the ball, mainly as he's often the one in the most space. So to that end I tend to spend a lot of my budget on a decent DM these days.

The 4-4-2 often relies on wing play to get goals and in GW6 I had Sergio Ramos ,a right back or Central Defender, if the opposition had a very good left winger I'd switch Ramos to the right back position. So it's nice to have solid Centre Backs which can double up in this position.

No comments: