Tuesday 11 November 2008

LongTime & Free SEO Tips

Well I'm somewhat out of the loop these days until Shearer goes live. Can't talk about 1.1 and it's very early days for that anyway. Still hasn't stopped me reading the forums and keeping my ear to the ground.

Might make a couple of posts today as I feel a bit ranty and as much as I try I might do the pyramid thing again, lol.

Anyway firt up new podcast from Fm Britian and this time it was fellow mod Nik and his featured blog A Moderators Life, direct link to the show: FML Podcast Episode 2.

Whilst I'm here I thought I'd do some SEO tips for some budding bloggers. If your going to link other sites make sure you do it in the format as I've done above, the anchor text should be what the link is about. So in the link 'FML Podcast Episode 2' it doesn't just show the URL as anchor text but what that link is about.

To see the importance of anchor text type 'click here' into google. See what comes top, Adobe, yet that page doesn't have a title of click here or say click here anywhere on the page. However other sites linking to that page link it thus:- Click Here to get Adobe Reader.

That's how Google works, it reads backlinks to pages and rates the page to be about what the anchor text says.

£70 an hour that's my normal rate, so if you read that you owe me, a £1million player in FM Live will do!

No comments: