Tuesday 25 November 2008

Shearer Launch

A smooth launch for the Gameworld even though from a personal point of view the wife demanded we go out, I had to do the school run, feed four kids, so a bit of a rush to cram in some time to FM Live helping and to pick a squad.

GK:Hatuka - 19, nice stats not a known wonder kid but has been excellent so far. With the changes to finance will need to bring in a senior but much later.
DL: Gaal, early twenties very safe and solid one should be ok for the first couple of seasons, he's that young might be a stayer.
DC: J Matinez I looked and looked at 20 he's not going to be a free lock but can play LB and will do a job at senior level.
DC: M Rodriguez 23 I'm sure I had this guy in GW6 for a seaon and a right back then (also covers that position) very safe not going to turn in any match winning performances but also shouldn't cost me any which is what I think is required at the back.
DR: Tetteh 16, yes just 16 I've never heard of him and my filter turned him up very decent for his age, no, for his age, amazing but not going to be keeping him in first team.
ML: Albayrak 17, I really wanted to get Cedric who's a AML/FC but Nick from Inter already had bagged him, bit of flair / pace not bad technicals.
MC: F Martinez 18 didn't look all that from stats but when I did autopick got put in this position and can really turn it on.
MC: S Parker 28, well there you go a lump of cash went on this fella, 18 determination, massive workrate and pretty technical as well, a natural captain. Will almost certainly become a fixture over the coming seasons. I do imagine I'll only keep until 30/31.
MR: Doran 17, another kid this position needs looking at soon although done well so far.
FC: P Roberto 18 another flair player already bagged a senior hat trick, very nice.
FC: Wendell 19, a Jakswans legend! In three starts in Gameworlds this fella has featured. The thing I really like about him is that he starts with 15 pace and not much strength but in previous Gameworlds he gone on to quickly get a little faster and a LOT stronger.

Other highlights, as I write this I've just signed Torrejon a 22 year old DC, I've kind of figured out that 22 and 23yo's offer great value for a few reasons, one, youth teams don't want them and senior teams are after bigger names so it's quite uncompetitive. Two, their pretty much ready for first team football (assuming you pick the right player) and three, should still have plenty of fast development left to go. We'll see how that plays out.

Another is Mutumbo DM 17 years old he's a 'get it and give it' type under 17 but pretty well developed.

Strategy
Looking back to GW6 I made mistakes ones I won't repeat (hopefully), it's important to keep the end game in sight and that for the first season is to try and secure Premiership football or at least put us in a position to get there in season 2. Spending thousands on kids isn't going to help achieve that goal despite really enjoying playing U17's.

I've a bid in for another 22yo and that'll mean till the season starts we're going to be very short of funds, it's then a case of trying to put together a U17 squad so I can enjoy that part of the game.

So there should be just two types of player purchase, senior players that will hold their position for two seasons or decent looking U17's.

Shopping list, maturity next, need to watch the team really, results are irrelevant at this stage I think I'll need a keeper, fairly happy with back four and naturally Scott Parker should be dandy, in fact I think I've five players that can play up front and either centre midfield or on the right wing, no cover on the left wing though....

No comments: