Thursday 27 January 2011

Youth Academies Unbalance the Game

Recently I went back to Coppell and I had forgotten I had built so many youth academies (duuno why and their not German, doh :( ) but it occurs to me that after a couple of seasons I have no got a load of high PA players.

Ok I got a load of rubbish as well but still it does you make you more secure for the future. It occurs to me that now with Youth Academies is two fold.

1) Money
2) Time

Prior to youth academies you could join a GW spend your basic £50k a day youth (on higher wages) and there you go you have your youth sorted. Now that option is not available as time is as big, if not bigger part of the investment.

Not that I have a solution it was just a thought really.

3 comments:

I am Spartacus said...

Not so convinced, Jak.

If you add up the costs of 5 YA's at 5*, the wages, the time, the release fee's the wages whilst you wait for players to get better etc, then a lot of managers seem to think all you get is dross.

For me, I like the gamble, know its a gamble and accept that most won;t be any good. After all.... out of all the top teams (in FML as well as rl), how many players have come from that teams YA.... generally very few.

MarkPhillips said...

It is odd I must be a geek cos I like thinking of this stuff.

In Coppell due to managers not being active but not being deactivated then supply / demand kicks in to keep prices high. So YA worth it.

In Nunez where activity is high but due to throttled start (less cash for six seasons) economy is low so YA not worth it.

I think I like YA now, they are not popular and you are better off just building in Germany but overall I like.

Marshall said...

I think that the most recent changes to the YA system are a step in the right direction. People in Voller are beginning to find that their YA output is much poorer than they had hoped and many are questioning whether they should close down their academies as the output no longer justifies the cost.

I've always said that YA should be a CHOICE with pros and cons rather than a requirement for all teams and SI have now established a solid supply/demand relationship that should help make that true.