Friday 21 January 2011

Good ole FML

Nunez I enjoyed the Pre Season it was quite nice to have a projected of £1.5m and trying to spend that in the best possible way (or not as the case may be) was good fun. Something quite addictive about looking at stats and players and trying to undercover a bargain.

Started the season and I think it is clear that we are likely to be heading for middle of the table, no relegation as we are in the bottom tier and after 7/8 games in the first few days already have that middle of the table / middle of the season feel. This would be fine of course if the season only lasted say 10/12 days but now I will not log in much as I'm just really waiting for the next close season to come round.

It is alarmingly easy to just lose touch. Still what I have played I have enjoyed.

News in beta looks great, well one thing looks great, the other thing is great but currently very very wrong. Cannot say too much.

Fix A
Say we have issue X and the cure is A, A does not work because B is broken, so fix B?

Fix C
Instead of fixing B we introduce a new extra fix called C which actually makes X worse and instead of removing C what they will do is add D.

Fix D
D will actually make X even worse again, so lets add E, that makes it even worse.

Fix E
The whole system is buggered lets reset and start again.

Currently we are at fix D and I can see fix E coming in.

I fell like the boy who cried wolf but all the villagers are dead from Wolves :)

2 comments:

Marshall said...

At least we can agree that the very bad beta thing is very very bad.

I honestly wish they weren't wasting time on it when they could be developing actual meaningful features to keep the user occupied!

Chris said...

*wolf howl*