Sunday 16 January 2011

Back in the Room

I joined Nunez great to see Nick, Martin plus loads of familiar faces but I now must break into rant:)

Not really a rant though just my normal wibble. Overall process was pretty smooth. Prices are now all over the shop though, there were some really nice players available to sign for a new starter but with the new sign on fee's they are out of reach.

I spent a lot of time playing against the same lowest CPU team using this as a trial process a senior had to impress only took 3 seniors whilst I was a little kinder to youth.

Having looked at the prices being charged for players I thought youth was the best strategy and I would start with a bunch of youth and then do some shopping.

There has not been much inflation in Nunez by the looks so a lot of players were within my reach, with wages that were just £20k my projected gave me a bit of spending power.

I bought a couple of players that were £100k instant when their market value was £50k on the face of it you could argue then I overpaid but these were players that had wage demands of £12k but were on contracts of around £2k.

Saving me a total of upto £10k a day, so five days I'd have saved the extra on wages, a season rolls by and I'm in the money.

It did surprise me just how low the Transfer fee's are now, in fact Transfer Value is way under Sign On Fee this effectively gives top teams a free ride in the new wage system but I already mentioned that in a previous post.

From a personal point of view what the top teams get or not is of no interest to me as we are firmly a lower league team just hoping to work my way up.

Win lose or draw I shall enjoy this for a few months already aware though of the frustration of how slow FML is.... I look at stadium and know it will be around three months before that needs looking at, it will be six months before I know if any of the youths I have will start to blossom, it is four weeks before I rebuild for the new season.

Lets not be doom and gloom though it is a great game and with SI now starting to get proactive marketing wise it could finally turn the corner!

6 comments:

Chris said...

So you do a "swan song", then a month later you are back playing again.

Nice....

Next time don't bother with the "swan song" ?

Chris said...

swan song
n
1. the last act, appearance, publication, or utterance of a person before retirement or death
2. (Myth & Legend / European Myth & Legend) the song that a dying swan is said to sing

Nick Megarity said...

glad to see you back

MarkPhillips said...

The game can survive it could be massive. It was a Swan Song in part as I do not intend to be that proactive in trying to get SI to change now do not post in beta any more.

What does it matter anyway I think the posts looked backed over the history of the blog and made interesting reading. Heck I enjoyed writing them and that is the only reason I post to my blog cos I enjoy it :)

Chris said...

8>

I am Spartacus said...

Keep them coming, Jak... a critical but objective view is always cool.... :-)